As a developer, you should have an arsenal of tools at your disposal to simplify task and solve problems faster. Being a Windows developer is a bit tough since most tools are not free. Most developers end up not developing anything because of this hindrance.
However, there are so many free and open source tools online which you can get and use for free. Here are some must-have tools for a Windows Developer.
- 7zip for file compression
- GIMP – alternative to Photoshop
- VirtualBox – virtualization tool.
- TeamViewer – remote access and support
- Dropbox and SkyDrive – your cloud folders
- Skype – for making calls
Read the rest of the tools here:Â http://dotnet.dzone.com/articles/must-have-tools-windows-part-1